How it works
- In a calendar month, the first message you send to a contact marks that contact as 'active.'
- No matter how many messages you send to that contact during the same calendar month, it still counts as only one active contact.
- Once your number of active contacts reaches your monthly limit, email messages will not send if they include any new contacts. You can still send as many messages as you would like to your currently active contacts.
- At the beginning of each new month, your active contacts count resets to 0.
Example: If your account is contracted for 10,000 active contacts but your contact list contains 50,000 email addresses...
- You can send as many messages as you like to 10,000 of your contacts per month
- Once you reach 10,000 contacts in a month you cannot send to any new users until the next month starts
- You can rotate which 10,000 users you send to each month
Contacts that have opted out, hard bounced or are in your suppression lists prior to the current month will not count toward your active contact limit.
To increase your active contact limit reach out to your designated account manager or customer success manager.
Check Your Current Usage
- Navigate to Contacts > Marketing Lists
- Click Active Contacts
- A window will appear showing your monthly limit, the active contacts used this month, and total remaining active contacts
You can also check your available active contacts while previewing an email message.
Check Your Past Usage
See this page for steps.