How it works
- In a calendar month, the first message you send to a contact marks that contact as 'active.'
- No matter how many messages you send to that contact during the same calendar month, it still counts as only one active contact.
- Once you reach your monthly limit, email messages will not send if they include new contacts.
- At the beginning of a new month, your active contacts count resets to 0.
For example: If your account is contracted for 10,000 active contacts but your contact list contains 50,000 email addresses, you cannot send to all 50,000 in the same month. You can communicate with 10,000 of your contacts per month (sending as many messages as you like), and you can change which 10,000 users you send to, but once you reach 10,000 contacts in a month you cannot send to any new users until the next month.
Contacts that have opted out, hard bounced or are in your suppression lists prior to the current month will not count toward your active contact limit.
To increase your active contact limit reach out to your designated account manager or customer success manager.
Check Your Current Usage
- Navigate to Contacts > Marketing Lists
- Click Active Contacts
- A window will appear showing your monthly limit, the active contacts used this month, and total remaining active contacts
You can also check your available active contacts while previewing an email message.
Check Your Past Usage
See this page for steps.