Before completing these steps, you must set up a custom sub-domain/CNAME (e.g. marketing.mycompany.com). If you are not using a custom marketing domain, this setup is not necessary.
Here's the process to add or update a certificate:
- Provide some company information to Act-On Support (see below)
- Support will reply with a certificate signing request (CSR)
- Buy an SSL certificate from the provider of your choice
Note: The certificate needs to be non-wildcard and either an OV, DV, or EV SSL certificate for an Apache HTTP server
- Send the certificate details to Act-On Support so it can be installed on your marketing domain
If you are renewing a certificate and have your previous CSR from Act-On, you can skip the CSR request steps, buy the certificate, and contact support with the certificate details.
Request a CSR
Please log in to submit your request.
Act-On Support will follow up with you to continue the installation.
The technology that Act-On uses to support 'https' pages when hosting a certificate is Transport Layer Security (TLS SNI). Below is a list of browsers that currently support TLS SNI:
- Opera 8.0 and later (the TLS 1.1 protocol must be enabled)
- Internet Explorer 7 or later (under Windows Vista and later only, not under Windows XP)
- Firefox 2.0 or later
- Curl 7.18.1 or later (when compiled against an SSL/TLS toolkit with SNI support)
- Chrome 6.0 or later (on all platforms – releases up to 5.0 only on specific OS versions)
- Safari 3.0 or later (under OS X 10.5.6 or later and under Windows Vista and later)