AUDIENCE: Administrators, Marketing Users
Follow the steps below to learn how to use Act-On marketing campaigns:
- Click on Automation, and choose Campaigns.
- Click New Campaign.
- Enter a name for the campaign.
- Enter a description for the campaign that provides more detail on the report.
- Click the box for Calendar Color to select a color to identify campaign messages in the Marketing Calendar.
- Click Add Content to choose any messages, forms, landing pages, media, webinars, or web page URLs.
Once the content has been identified, you can hover over the campaign to:
- View the Dashboard report
- Edit to add or remove content
- Delete the campaign entirely
The dashboard will allow you to view all the assets within the campaign: an individual Sent Message report and an aggregate Messages report, form views and submits, and any other assets associated with the campaign.
For aggregate campaign messages report, the Unique Sent in the campaign messages report reflects the number of people who have been sent at least one message in your multi-message campaign. For multi-message campaigns, the Unique Sent will often be less than the Total Sent, because the campaign may consist of multiple different messages being sent to an overlapping audience. Multi-asset campaigns are found in Automation > Campaigns, and the campaign messages report is accessed on the top right of the messages section of the campaign dashboard.
When you create a message in Drafts, you can identify the message to be automatically included in a campaign. In Step 4 (Send) of the email composer, you'll find a checkbox to Add to campaign. Simply place a checkmark in the checkbox prior to sending the message.