AUDIENCE: Administrators, Marketing Users
OBJECTIVES: Create an email template to be used by Act-On users within Salesforce
Marketing teams can create and provide consistent marketing email messages for use by the sales team. Sales users can easily send their individual leads and contacts marketing-approved content. The email message will come directly from the sales user or owner of record rather than a generic sender.
To create email templates that can be identified, edited, and sent from the Salesforce application:
- Click Content > Email Templates.
- Hover over the list of template folders to the left, and click Manage.
- Click Add, enter a folder name, and click Add.
- Enable (place a check mark) in the second box from the left next to the folder that will be published to sales users in Salesforce.
- Click Save.
- Click Actions > New Template, and create the content for the email message.
- Save the template.
- When the template is saved, hover over it, and click the down-arrow.
- Click Move, and choose the name of the folder that is available to sales users in Salesforce.
- Repeat steps 9 and 10 for any other templates that should be accessible to sales users in Salesforce.