AUDIENCE: Admins, Marketing Users
If an email message looks different between your preview in Act-On and in your email client, this is due to your email client.
Act-On is not changing the appearance and can't display all changes an email client may make within the editor. This is due to the substantial differences in email HTML rendering ability between email clients.
Email clients do not follow web design or feature standards like web browsers do, and many popular mail clients, such as Outlook or Gmail, have limited support of modern HTML or CSS.
Send a Test Message
You have the ability to test the email from any tab in the new message composer.
To Test Your Message:
- Click Test from any tab in the message composer.
- Select the version to send, either HTML or Text.
- Enter a Subject Line Prefix (Example: Test Email).
- Select your Test Recipients.
- Once you select your Test Recipients a new box will appear.
- Choose OK to send the the test message.
Once your Test Message is Sent
Once your test message has been sent you should be able to view it in your inbox momentarily. You can also view the report for your test message to check for suppression's or opens by going to:
- Outbound > Test Messages and hover over the desired test-send.
- Click Reports
Test messages that are untouched after 90 days will automatically be deleted from the account. This means that the message report will be inaccessible and any message links will no longer be functional.