AUDIENCE: Administrators, Marketing Users
OBJECTIVES: Learn how to insert images into messages using personalization
Learn how to insert images into email messages using personalization.
Follow the steps below to insert images into email messages using personalization:
Step 1. Getting Started
- Upload your images, click Content > Images
- Click Actions > Upload Images.
- Hover over the image and click the down-arrow, click Public URL.
- Copy the URL and paste it to a notepad for later reference.
Step 2. Add a New Column to Your List
- Click Contacts, and choose Marketing Lists, Form Submissions, or Webinar Lists.
- Hover over the list, and click the Down-Arrow > Maintenance
- Choose Change List Columns.
- Click Add Column at the bottom of the page.
- Name the new column, and click Submit.
- Click Save.
- Hover over your list, and click the Down-Arrow > Open
- Click your newly created column and add the image URL (as copied above) to the corresponding list record(s).
- Click Save.
Step 3. Add an Image
- Resume the editing of your message.
- Place your cursor at the intended area.
- Hover over the Rich Text Block and click the Pencil icon, and place your cursor at the intended area.
- Click Insert/Edit Image.
- In the Image URL field, insert the field name of your new column with the personalization tags (i.e (click for details)), and click Update.
Callstack: at (User_Guides/Outbound_Marketing/Compose_Email/Composing_and_Addressing_an_Email_-_Basic/41_Inserting_Images_into_Email_Messages_Using_Personalization), /content/body/div/div/ul/li/span, line 1, column 1
- Adjust dimensions as needed.
- There will be an image icon that serves as a placeholder
- To ensure that the images change as you intended them to, go to the email composer Review Tab.