AUDIENCE: Administrators, Marketing Users
- Learn how to add an attachment as a button
- Learn how to add an attachment as a link within the Rich Text Block
There are two ways to add an attachment to an email message:
Add an Attachment as a Button:
- From the Design Tab. Hover over the Media File Download Block.
- Click and Hold the block using your mouse cursor and drag the block into your message, a new container will appear. Release your mouse to drop the block when it is in the appropriate place in your message.
- The Media File Download window will appear.
- Media File: Click Select to choose a media file from Act-On to link to.
- Download Expiration Date: Enter in an optional expiration date for your download link.
- Download Button Label: Enter the text you wish to display on your button. If you don't specify, the media file name will be used by default.
- Label Graphic: Upload a new label graphic if you choose. By default, the button will display a Download Icon. Click Select to add a new graphic.
Add an Attachment as a Link Within the Rich Text Block:
- Hover over a Rich Text Block within an email message, and click the Pencil icon to edit.
- Click Insert Link to File in Act-On Media Library (the 'paperclip' button in the toolbar). You can also highlight words or terms in the Rich Text block, and insert a link to the file.
- Select the document you wish to attach.
- Click Close.