AUDIENCE: Administrators and Marketing Users (comfortable with HTML), Web Developers
OBJECTIVES: Describe the use of the Download Creatives feature and how it compares to other content import/export options
How To: Use the Download Creatives Feature
- For a new message: Click Outbound > New Message.
- For a draft message: Click Outbound > Draft Messages. Locate your desired message and choose Resume Edit.
- For a sent message: Click Outbound > Sent Messages and click New on your desired message.
Once select, the email composer window will open, and you will see Download Creatives available on the Design tab.
The Download Creatives feature is not available for email template messages. When using a template, you do not send the template itself. Instead, your message is modified from the base template and is stored elsewhere (in Sent or Drafts).
Things to Note
- The Download Creatives feature is designed to export Act-On messages for external services
- If you wish to duplicate an Act-On message within Act-On, such as moving a draft message to Email Templates, use the controls within Act-On itself. For example, if you go to Content > Email Templates > New Template, you can import a draft message from there.
- Be careful deleting sent or draft messages when using the Download Creatives feature
- If a draft or sent message contains images uploaded via Upload A Pre-Designed Message (i.e., the images are not hosted on a third-party service or in the Act-On Image library), the image reference URLs will be removed if the draft or sent message is deleted
- Recipient-specific click and open tracking will not work
- Act-On tracks opens by tracking the images being downloaded by specific individual URL. The Download Creatives URLs do not have the ability to track these individually.
- IMPORTANT: Opt-out links do not work with the Download Creatives feature
- Act-On tracks opt-outs by specific individual URL. The Download Creatives URLs do not have the ability to track these individually.