AUDIENCE: Administrators, Marketing Users
- Describe the use of unicode characters in email messages
- Learn how to add unicode characters to subject lines
Unicode contains a wide variety of miscellaneous and special characters that can be shown in most modern email clients. While you won't find them on your keyboard, they can be used in your subject lines.
Follow the steps below to implement unicode characters within your email subject lines:
- Navigate to Charbase (or any other unicode character database).
- Locate the character you would like to use.
- Ensure that your web browser shows the character. If it does not show in your web browser, email clients (e.g., Outlook) will probably not display it either.
- Highlight a single character and copy it.
- Copy the actual icon instead of the code that is shown
- Open your Act-On email message draft.
- Paste the character into your subject line.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 above if you need to include additional characters.
- Click the Preview button in the Act-On email composer to ensure the subject line includes the unicode characters.
Note: Unicode characters will not display in all email clients; notably older versions of Outlook such as 2003.