AUDIENCE: Administrators, Marketing Users, Graphics Designers, Web Developers
OBJECTIVES:Change the color and underline of hyperlinked text
Traditionally, when hyperlinks are added to text, that text will be underlined and its color will change to blue. This is the case in most applications, including Act-On.
However, with a little attention to the HTML, you can alter the color and underline to your preferences.
To Change the Text Color and Underline After it has Been Hyperlinked, Follow the Steps Below:
- Create or edit an email message, form or landing page.
- Hover over the Rich Text Block (for email messages and landing pages) or the Section Heading field (for forms) and click the Pencil icon.
- Highlight the text to be linked, and select Insert/Edit Link.
- Enter the link information in the pop-up, and click Insert.
- Click Edit HTML Source, and locate the linked text within the HTML Source editor.
- Insert the following code just before 'href' for the hyperlinked text:
style="text-decoration: none; color: #insert color; border-bottom: 1px dotted #insert color;
Example: <a style="text-decoration: none; color: #cc0000 border-bottom: 1px dotted #cc0000;" href="http://actonsoftware.com">This is my link.</a>
- Click Update, and then click Close to exit the Rich Text Block.