In less than 60 seconds you can be up and running with Act-On Anywhere.
If you are running any previous version of our Gmail Extension...
You will need to remove it from your Google Chrome browser before installing Act-On Anywhere.
- Visit chrome://extensions/ from your Chrome browser.
- Locate Act-On Software Google Chrome Extension for Gmail and click the trash can icon to remove the extension from Chrome.
- Once removed, you can move forward with the Act-On Anywhere installation as detailed below.
To install Act-On Anywhere:
- Go to the Google Chrome Web Store from your Google Chrome Web Browser using the following link:
- The Act-On Anywhere extension page will display, click the blue Add to Chrome button in the upper right hand corner.
- Confirm the new extension by clicking "Add"
- Once you click "Add", Act-On Anywhere will be added to Google Chrome.
- You will be redirected to the Account Management Dashboard, Click the + Account button and enter your Act-On user email address and password, and click save.
Note: You will need to call Support to create a unique login/password for each of your child accounts
Adding & Managing Accounts
After Act-On Anywhere is installed, you will be brought to the Account Management Dashboard where you have the ability to manage both your associate accounts and websites.
To manage Act-On accounts associated with the Act-On Anywhere:
- Click the + Account button and enter your Act-On account user credentials.
- Click Save.
- Once your account is authenticated, you will see your name appear under Account Email.
To edit an account:
- Click either the pencil icon under Edit to modify your account.
- Edit your email address or password and click Save
To delete an account:
- Click the X under Delete to remove your account.
- Click OK to confirm.
To manage websites associated with the Act-On Anywhere:
- Click the Website tab > + Website button and specify the top-level website URL.
- Click Timeline and Content Assist.
- Click Save.
To edit an associated website:
- Click the pencil icon under Edit to modify your account.
- The Edit Website popup will appear, giving you the ability to enter a new website URL or enable/disable the Timeline and Content Assist.
- Click Save after making any changes.
To delete an associated website:
- Click the X under Delete.
- Click OK to confirm.
To modify the available features:
To modify the Timeline and Content Assist features, simply click on the icon to enable or disable the feature.
- Green Icon = The feature is enabled
- Grey Icon = The feature is disabled.
Act-On Anywhere Options
After Act-On Anywhere is installed, you will noticed a new Act-On icon to the right of your browser bar within Google Chrome. Clicking this icon will bring up the options available within Act-On Anywhere.
- Content Assist - To enable Content Assist for the page you are on, click the checkmark. This will automatically add the website to your Manage Websites list.
- Overlay Position - Determines the placement of the Content Assist icon within your rich text editor.
- Timeline - To enable the marketing timeline for the page you are on, click the checkmark.
- Show Timeline - To show the marketing timeline for the page you are on, click the Show Timeline.
- SEO Audit Page - Click SEO Audit Page to run an SEO audit for the webpage you are on.
- Options - Brings up the Account Management Dashboard.
Enable Content for Act-On Anywhere
After installation you will navigate back to Act-On and select the image/media folders you would like to enable for use with Act-On Anywhere.
To do this, navigate to:
- Content > (Image Library / Media Library / Email Templates)
- Click the cloud icon above the folder list.
- Click the toggle to the right of the folder(s) you want to enable.
Those folders are now Sales Enabled and accessible within Act-On Anywhere.