AUDIENCE: Administrators, Marketing Users
- Define the steps necessary to set up a double opt-in
- Create and maintain high list quality
Using a double opt-in is a great way to ensure that the quality of your lists remains high. This increases the deliverability of your messages and lowers the chances for complete opt-outs.
Below is an example workflow for a double opt-in within Act-On:
- Create the first form that will capture the initial submission (i.e., the first opt-in).
- This form could be integrated to your website or serve as a link in an email campaign
- Create the second form that will capture the second submission (i.e., the second opt-in).
- Create a message that contains a link to the second form created in Step 2.
- Attach the message created in Step 3 as the first form's confirmation email.
- The message will serve as the verification email
- When the recipients complete the second form within the email, the corresponding Signup list to this form can be used for mailing