AUDIENCE: Administrators, Marketing Users
- Learn how to create a One Line Text field in a form
- Learn how to customize and validate your One Line Text field
The One Line Text field option allows users of your form to enter information using a single-line text input field.
To create a One Line Text block in a form, follow the steps below:
- Click on Content > click Forms.
- From the Forms page select New in the upper right corner of the page (or edit an existing form).
- When a new form is created, three default fields will appear: First Name, Last Name, and Email Address
- Hover over a block to access the submenu and select New.
- Select One Line Text. The Edit One Line Text Field dialog window will appear. This window includes three editing areas: Display Settings, Input Validation, and Data Field Name:
- Display Settings – allows you to add a visible label name and customize the width of the text field to match your desired look and feel
- Input Validation – allows you to add validation and content requirements to your text field
- Contents – lets you choose whether the content: Should be a number, Should be a phone number, or Should be an email address from the drop-down list
- Max Characters – allows you to set a character limit for the field (enter '0' for no limit)
- Make Required – lets you choose to make the text field required by checking Make Required
- Data Field Name – this will be the column name on the list created to collect signups for your form. In many cases the label and field name will be the same but on occasion you may want to ask your users a question (e.g., The label may read 'What is your favorite color?' To keep your list organized and manageable you could create a field name that is simply called 'Color' for intuitive viewing of the list.).
- Once you have completed the editing of your block, select the Submit button at the bottom of the dialog window.