Measure the visibility of your website, blogging efforts, content generation, and social media outreach.
Using the insight feature you are able to compare:
- Web traffic
- Facebook posts
- Google+ posts
- YouTube videos
Set Up Your Insight Competitors
Monitor up to ten competitors and compare your online presence.
- Click on Inbound and click Competitors
- Click Setup in the header menu.
- Click Add Competitor.
- Enter your company website URL, click Submit.
- Once Act-On pulls your information, a new window will open that shows your company name, website URL, blog URL, Twitter username, Facebook username, Google+ ID, and YouTube username.
- If the information could not be detected or Act-On guessed incorrectly, enter the correct values in each field and click Submit.
- Blogs – Blogs must contain an RSS feed in order for Act-On to read them. If you aren't sure whether a blog has an RSS feed, just enter the URL. When you click Submit, Act-On will let you know if it will work. If you see a drop-down menu, this will allow you to choose a specific blog URL.
- Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube – Enter just the usernames, no URL necessary
- Google+ – Enter the ID
- Repeat this process for each competitor you wish to monitor.
- Click and drag a competitor to position and re-position.
View Your Insight Reports
Once you've entered the data for your company and your competitors, you can view results right away. Click on Inbound > Competitors and choose Website, Blog, Social Media, or YouTube.
Website Competitive Insights
- See and compare your number of inbound links with your competitors
- The Alexa ratings show how a site ranks globally and in the US. Alexa ranks sites based on tracking information from users of Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome
- The Compete.com results show US rankings and the number of visitors from US IP addresses. These numbers are computed from Internet Service Providers, opt-in panels, application providers, and other sources.
Blog Competitive Insights
This section compares your blogging efforts to those of your competitors, including:
- Frequency of posts
- Number of comments
At the bottom of this page, you'll see blog posts of all your tracked companies, by day.
You can quickly see trending topics and the numbers of responses for each post.
The number of posts and time period of posts displayed will depend on the information available in each company's RSS feed for their blog, so these may vary from company to company.
Social Media Competitive Insights
On this page, tabs for Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ are located across the top. Click to see statistics, including amplification (the number of times your post is shared by the people you reach directly) and the number of comments.
Recent posts are displayed at the bottom of this page. Note that you can view all the companies you track, or look at results company by company. The default is 'By All Companies'. You can also view results by Timeline, Most Likes or Most Comments. Timeline is the default.
YouTube Competitive Insights
The YouTube Competitive Insights section compares the amount of content available on your YouTube channel, as well as the overall responses in terms of subscribers, views, number of ratings, average ratings, comments, favorites, and social amplification from sharing on Twitter, and Facebook.
Recent videos posted and the number of responses around each individual video, are also displayed.
Connect Youtube in the Competitors Tab
- Navigate to the competitors tab in Act-On, click Inbound > Competitors.
- Choose Setup > Add Competitor
- Click Click here
- Enter your website domain, click Submit
- If you already have a custom URL it is likely that Act-On will pre-populate the correct URL. If this is the case hit submit and you should be good to go.
Setup a Custom URL for YouTube
If you don't have a Youtube Custom URL, you can create one if you meet the following requirements from Youtube:
- 500 or more subscribers
- Channels is at least 30 days old
- Channel has uploaded a photo for the channel icon
- Channel has uploaded channel art
If you already have a Custom URL:
- Click Inbound > Competitors, and choose Setup > Add Competitor.
- Add your Youtube username.
- Click Submit.