OBJECTIVES: Allow Salesforce users to send Act-On email messages to Salesforce report
- Log in to Salesforce as an administrator, and click Setup.
- Click Customize on the left.
- Click Home.
- Click Home Page Components.
- Create a new custom component. We recommend calling it “Act-On”.
- Next, edit the Act-On component and you will see a new custom link: “Send_Act_On_Email_to_Reports”.
- Add a custom Act-On link.
- Go to Home Page Layouts and edit the home page.
- Click on the checkbox for customer links under the Narrow Components to Show section.
- Save the page layout.
This will enable the custom link on the page layout to send Act-On email to reports. Once selected, you will be able to create a new message, select a template or a previously-sent message to a Salesforce report.
When creating Salesforce reports, sales users need to make sure their reports contain:
- Lead ID or Contact ID
- Owner ID (if their signatures use sfowner.xxx variables)