AUDIENCE: Administrators, Marketing Users
- Outline the necessary steps for assigning a lead score based on specific responses to forms
- Create a segment based on form responses
- Create a List Maintenance program to set up the basic lead score and additional points for form responses
The following solution assumes that points will be awarded to each user for each question on a form.
- Create segments of your list to identify who answered which questions in each form.
- Click Contacts and click Marketing Lists or click on Other Lists for Form Submissions or Webinar Lists, hover over the list in question, and click the green drop down menu... > Define a segment of this list.
- Choose Query from the Method drop-down.
- Under the Profile section, click Add.
- Choose the field that contains the form answer.
- Choose the equals condition.
- Enter the value in the box.
- Save the segment.
Now you will set up a List Maintenance program that will set the basic lead score and add extra points to that score field for each of the form answers.
- Click Contacts and click Marketing Lists or click on Other Lists for Form Submissions or Webinar Lists, hover over your list and click the green drop down menu > Set Up Maintenance Program.
- In the Create List Maintenance page, click Add Step.
- Set the basic lead score, calculated by the scoring rules.
- Choose Change Field Value
- At the bottom of the step, choose your Lead Score field from the drop-down list
- Choose set value to behavioral score in the next drop-down
- Click Done to save that step
- Create a step that will add additional points to each answer of each question
- Click Add Step
- Choose the first radio button that says if contact is in… and then choose one of the segments you created based on certain answers
- At the bottom of the step, again choose Lead Score from the drop-down
- In the next drop-down, choose increment value by… and then in the box next to it, add the value that the form answer is worth
- Click Done to save the step
- Once you have done this for each answer for Question 1, you would go on to create new steps for each answer for Question 2, Question 3, etc.
- Once the List Maintenance program is set up the way you want it to be, click Save.
- On the program’s dashboard, you can then set up a schedule to run the program as often as you like, as frequently as every hour. When testing the program, you can also click the Run Now button to trigger it right away.