AUDIENCE: Administrators, Marketing Users
- Describe the Profile Attribute Query
- Describe the Behavioral Attribute Query
When creating a segment based off of the query option, two attributes are available for searching for contacts: profile and behavioral. You must first choose whether you would like to require contacts to meet any or all of your search requirements.
Profile Attribute Query
- Choose to search for information that you already know about the contacts or prospects.
- Click add to define a profile attribute search.
- The field selection drop down menu will display the column headings (fields) you've defined in your list, select your field.
- Next, choose the condition you would like to apply to this search.
- You will also be prompted to define the value you would like to search for. If you'd like to search for multiple values you can separate them using semicolons.
- Once you've completed the first profile query, you can choose to add an additional one or remove the one you've just created.
Behavioral Attribute Query
- Choose whether you would like to search based on a Specific Set of Behaviors, Overall Behavior Score, or Campaign Behavior Score.
- Designate the time frame you would like to the search to be based on.
- Use the Add behavior drop-down menu to select a behavior to search on (such as Clicked On Messages, Visited Web Pages, or Opt-Out, etc.).
- Once a type of behavior has been selected, define whether you would like people that have performed this action:
- At Least This Many
- At Most This Many
- None of These
- Some of These
- All of These
For example, Clicked on Messages > At Least > 2, would return a list of people who have clicked on messages at least two times.
- If selecting an item like Some of These or All of These you will then have the ability to click on a Choose like that will allow to select specific items related to your behavior!