AUDIENCE: Administrators, Marketing Users
To create your birthday segment
- Upload your list (make sure the list contains the contacts birthday).
- Validate that the Date field is formatted per Act-On's segmentation formatting:
- Define your segment criteria where your field name for the date equals date X year with the corresponding format:
- 0 day = Today’s date (2016)
- 12 months = 2015
- 24 months = 2014
- 36 months = 2013
Add these conditions for any possible year that they would like to capture within the segment. Once this segment is created, you can now create your Automated Program.
If someone wants to send an email 30 days prior to a birthday or anniversary, you will want to use MONTHS instead of years. Example the equals date will be 11 months instead of 1 Year so then the segment will update 30 days before the actual date.
A few things you want to make sure of when creating the program
- The source list will be your birthday/anniversary segment you created.
- You will schedule that source list to run ONCE per day nothing less.
- You must make sure to check the Re-Entry option so the following year the contact will enter the program. This is a controlled feature so you must enable the re-entry option for the automated program first.
- You will not be able to use the segment as an Exit Condition as the contacts will be exiting the program after the date of their birthday/anniversary so they will no longer be in the segment.