To use Act-On marketing campaigns:
- Click on Automation, and choose Campaigns.
- Click New Campaign.
- Enter a name for the campaign.
- Enter a description for the campaign that provides more detail on the report.
- Click the box for Calendar Color to select a color to identify campaign messages in the Marketing Calendar.
- Click Add Content to choose any messages, forms, landing pages, media, webinars, or web page URLs.
Once the content has been identified, you can hover over the campaign to:
- View the Dashboard report
- Edit to add or remove content
- Delete the campaign entirely
The dashboard will allow you to view all the assets within the campaign: an individual Sent Message report and an aggregate Messages report, form views and submits, and any other assets associated with the campaign.
- For aggregate campaign messages report, the Unique Sent in the campaign messages report reflects the number of people who have been sent at least one message in your multi-message campaign.
- For multi-message campaigns, the Unique Sent will often be less than the Total Sent, because the campaign may consist of multiple different messages being sent to an overlapping audience.
- Multi-asset campaigns are found in Automation > Campaigns, and the campaign messages report is accessed on the top right of the messages section of the campaign dashboard.
When you create a message in Drafts, you can identify the message to be automatically included in a campaign.