If you update your Title and Description after publishing a page on Facebook, the information will not update and continue to show the previously input information. This can be an issue when making copies of Landing Pages when the page is shared before the SEO information is updated.
To resolve this issue:
- Extract the URL that is being shared via the social publish tool.
- Example of the shared URL: https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fexampleurl.com%2Fexample&t=Social+Share
- Section of share URL to use: http%3A%2F%2Fexampleurl.com%2Fexample
- Visit https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object/
- Enter the extracted URL
- Click the Fetch new scrape information button.
- Once this process is completed Facebook will recognize the newly updated information for Title, Description, and Image.