Review the Sent Message Report
- Click Outbound, and choose Test for test messages or Sent for regular messages.
- Hover over the message name, and click Reports.
- Click Go To Full Report.
- Check the Total Sent or Not Sent/Suppressed number.
- If the test message is not sent, click Not Sent/Suppressed to drill down into the report.
Note: Test messages that are untouched after 90 days will automatically be deleted from the account. This means that the message report will be inaccessible and any message links will no longer be functional.
- Your recipient email address is present on a suppression list (i.e., your recipient email address is present on a list you are excluding from your mailings).
- Your recipient email address is present on your opt-out list (see Contacts > Bounces & Opt-Outs > Opt-Out List). You can open the opt-out list, do a search to find the email address, and click the icon next to the address to make it a valid address again.
If the message report indicates that the message was delivered, try the following:
- Check the spam/junk folder in your email client.
- Send a test message to an alternate work inbox, as well as an outside webmail account (like Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo mail) to isolate the deliverability issue.
- Is the message not appearing in all inboxes, all inboxes for a specific organization, or a single specific inbox?
- If a message is not appearing within your organization's email inboxes but does appear in other email inboxes outside the organization, whitelisting is often the solution. Work with your email administrator to ensure that Act-On's IPs are whitelisted.