By clicking through the hyperlink within an email, Act-On is able to 'cookie' your recipient, turning them into a "known visitor". Next time the recipient navigates to your website you will be able to identify them by name and email.
To insert a hyperlink into an email:
- Create a new email, or edit an existing email draft.
- Hover over the Rich Text block, and click the Pencil icon.
- Highlight any text, or click on an image that you want to hyperlink.
- Click Insert/Edit Link.
- Enter the URL (always use "http://" or "https://").
- Optionally, specify a target: open in the same or a new browser window.
- Optionally, add a title to this hyperlink for reporting purposes.
- Click Insert.
To remove a hyperlink from an email:
- Highlight any text or image that you want to unlink.
- Click Unlink.
- Follow the steps above to insert a new hyperlink.