AUDIENCE: Administrators, Marketing Users
- Learn how to create a Paragraph Text block in a form
- Learn how to choose a size and designate if this field is required
To create a Paragraph Text block in a form:
- Click on Content > click Forms.
- From the Forms page select New in the upper right corner of the page (or edit an existing form).
- When a new form is created, three default fields will appear: First Name, Last Name, and Email Address
- Hover over a block to access the sub-menu and select New.
- Select Paragraph Text. An Edit Paragraph Text Field-dialog window will appear that contains three editing areas: Display Settings, Input Validation, and Data Field Name
- Display Settings – allows you to add a visible label name and customize the height and width of the paragraph text box
- Input Validation – provides the option to make the paragraph text box a required field
- Data Field Name – this will be the column name on the list created to collect signups for your form. In many cases the label and field name will be the same, but you may want to ask your users for specific information (i.e., the label may read 'Please provide your suggestions.' To keep your list organized and manageable you may create a field name that is simply called, 'Suggestions' for intuitive viewing of the list).
- Once you have completed the editing of your block select the Submit button at the bottom of the dialog window.