AUDIENCE: Administrators, Marketing Users
- Learn how to create side-by-side text in a form
- Learn how to customize and validate your Side By Side Text field
The Side By Side Text field allows the users of your form to enter information using a single-line, side-by-side format.
To create a Side by Side Text block in a form:
- Click on Content > click Forms.
- From the Forms page select New in the upper right corner of the page (or edit an existing form).
- When a new form is created, three default fields will appear: First Name, Last Name, and Email Address
- Hover over a block to access the submenu and select New.
- Select Side By Side Text. An Edit Side by Side Text Field dialog window will appear that includes three editing areas: Label, Input Validation, and Data Field Name.
- Label – allows you to add a visible label name to your Side By Side Text field
- Input Validation – allows you to add validation and content requirements to your Side By Side Text field
- Contents – lets you choose from various phone number and email options
- Make Required – you can choose to make the text field required by checking Make Required
- Data Field Name – this will be the column name on the list created to collect signups for your form. In many cases the label and field name will be the same but you can also choose a different field name in order to keep your list organized and manageable.
- Once you have completed the editing of your block, select the Submit button at the bottom of the dialog window.