If you are not using Salesforce, you can still do this using a custom Public URL and view the results from your form's underlying list within your Act-On account.
Add form signups to a Salesforce campaign
- Create or edit an Act-On form.
- Click 2. Settings.
- Enable the option to Push Sign-up Data to Salesforce when someone submits this form.
- Enable the option to Add to a Salesforce Campaign.
- Choose Dynamically, and choose from one of the following methods:
- Create a hidden field for ao_campid – If using this option, add a Hidden Field in the Layout step of the form called ao_campid. Do not provide any value for the field, just the field name.
- Append the following to your form URL: &cmpid=SFDCcampaignID
- Click Next.
- Click Save.
When a form registrant submits the form, the Salesforce Campaign ID information will be specified in the _Campaign column of the associated Form Submissions list.
Add form signups to a non-CRM campaign
Taking the concept from adding form signups to a Salesforce campaign dynamically, we can do the same thing for non-CRM users that will populate the information in your underlying form signup list. If you choose to generate multiple public URLs to track unique traffic sources to your form, the _CAMPAIGN field will display the Campaign name assigned to a particular URL.
For example - You may tag the URL associated with your paid search campaign as 'Adwords.' This value would then show in the _CAMPAIGN field. Keep in mind this field can be mapped to any list field you would like to use a dynamic value for.
- Create a new form as you normally would or edit an existing form. If editing an existing form, move on to the next line.
- From the Form Listings page click the down-arrow > Get Public URLs.
- Click New URL and tag the URL with your campaign name - for example, Adwords. Keep in mind you can create a new URL for multiple campaigns, so if you have ads running on Google, Bing and a private network you will be able to use the same form and just create a URL for each.
- After a form is submitted you can view the campaign information from your underlying list of the form.
To push this data to your CRM, see this article.