AUDIENCE: Administrators, Marketing Users
- Write all form submissions to an existing list for a new form
- Learn to always append form submissions into the list
The list type does not affect functionality in any way, and is merely a method for you to organize your records and workflow. You can collect data from several forms in a single list. If you want to collect data from several forms, you will not have a list that is dedicated to the form. This makes it easy to use the list to respond to specific form submissions.
Follow the steps below to ensure that the new form writes into an existing Act-On list:
- Click on Content, and click Forms.
- Click New.
- Create all the form fields and customize the form settings.
- Click 3. Finish.
- Select Existing List in the Add Submitted Data To section.
- Click Select, and select one of the existing lists in your Act-On account.
- Confirm the Form Label and Form Field Name.
- Map each of the fields to the existing list's List Column Name by clicking the cylinder icon.
- Choose from any of the existing list names, choose to Create new list column, or choose Do not store this form field.
Using Always Append
Once you've created the new form submission list, you'll notice a checkbox called Always Append. By default, this feature is disabled. By keeping it disabled, the Act-On form will allow duplicate submissions based on the email address; however, Act-On will simply update the previous form submission with the new form submission. For example, if email@example.com submitted the form twice, the form submission list will overwrite the first submission with the information from the second submission.
If you enable the Always Append feature, the Act-On form will allow duplicate submissions based on email addresses. For example, if firstname.lastname@example.org submitted the form twice, the form submission list will contain two entries for email@example.com and treat them as unique submissions.