After enabling Subscription Management, prospects who click the opt-out link within an email will be provided the page that lists the various email subscription categories as well as the opt-out option.
To set up Subscription Management:
- Navigate to Contacts > Subscription Management
- To use the Subscription Management feature, you must first set up your categories. The feature is turned off by default. Under Subscription Categories, click the checkbox to enable your subscription categories, then click Save
- Once your subscription categories are enabled, toggle the on/off switch to the ON position by clicking it
- Then customize your message to your recipients (or use the default text)
- Next, you need to establish your categories. For instance, 'Promotional' for your marketing email, 'Newsletter' for your newsletters, and perhaps others depending on your business. To add additional categories, select Add
- Click Save
The Subscription Management configuration page allows you to toggle this feature on and off. You can customize your categories and appearance while still keeping the on/off switch in the off position. This allows you to completely configure everything prior to your first deployment.
Now that you have enabled Subscription Management, add it to your email messages by following these steps.