Maintaining a consistent list schema across your lists is an important aspect of managing your lists. This ensures that personalization in email works properly when sending to multiple lists.
System usage fields are basic contact field names for Email Address, Name, Address, Phone Number, and Website.
Follow the steps below to map your lists' field names to system usage fields:
- Navigate to Contacts > Marketing Lists (or Contacts > Other Lists > Form Submissions / Webinar Lists).
- To the right of the list, click the blue drop down arrow.
- Select Maintenance > then click Identify List Columns
- Map each System Usage field (in blue) to a corresponding Field name in the list.
- For example, the system usage field 'Contact's E-mail Address' maps to the list field name 'E-mail Address'.
- There may be instances where some of the list field names will not map to a system usage field. Typically, these field names are custom field names that are not based on standard contact fields.
- Click Save.