These programs can be used to copy records to another list in your Act-On account, copy records from another list or segment in your Act-On account, or change a field value for each record in your list or segment.
Please note: The scheduling of your program may impact your ability to send emails. See below for more information.
Creating a New Program
There are two ways to create a List Maintenance Program from the Automation menu or from a list.
- Navigate to Automation > List Maintenance Programs
In the dropdown for a specific list, choose Maintenance > Setup Maintenance Program
- Click New
- Enter a Name and Description for the List Maintenance Program.
- Click Select to identify a source list for the program.
- Click Add Step, and choose one of the following steps:
- Copy to Another List – Appends/updates records from the source list into another list.
- Copy From Another Segment – Appends/merges records from another list or segment into the source list.
- Change Field Value – Identifies a field in the source list, and modifies the values found in that field.
- Add as many of the steps above as you need.
- Click Save.
- Click Only when clicking the Now button to schedule the frequency of the List Maintenance Program schedule.
For Example: In the above image, the program will run at the following times: 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, 9pm, 10pm, 11pm. The program will NOT run from 12am-12pm the following day.
Best practice: Run list maintenance programs during off business hours (when you are not sending emails).
While the program is running, the lists referenced by the program are locked from any changes. Emails to these lists will not send until the program has finished.
To change the schedule after creation, go into the Dashboard and follow the same steps.
Managing Your Programs
When the List Maintenance Programs are created, you can hover over them to view the dashboard, edit the program, delete it, or move them to a different folder within the page. We recommend creating a folder system to keep your programs organized for easy access.
From the main Maintenance Program page, you will also notice columns for the date last run (in grey italics), the status (draft, valid or scheduled), and when the program is next scheduled to be run.