You can create a new Marketing list in Act-On in a variety of ways. One way is to create a new empty list within Act-On, and use the standard fields in your Act-On account.
Rather than creating an Excel/CSV file with simple fields and then uploading that file, you can simply create the list fields within the Act-On platform.
- Click Contacts, and then click Marketing Lists.
- Click New List.
- Enter a name for the new list, and select the destination folder for where you would like it to be stored.
- In the drop-down for Set Up New List Contents, select Define the column names for a new empty list.
- Start by selecting the fields that you would like to include in this list. Notice that First Name, Last Name and Email Address should already be selected for you.
- Click Continue once you've selected all desired column names.
- Define list fields by determining the corresponding system usage field names. You also have the ability to add standard fields and/or add blank fields.
- Click Create.