You can create a new marketing list in Act-On in a variety of ways. One of the most common ways is to create a new list by uploading a file (comma-delimited or Excel format) into your Act-On account.
To create a new list by from a file:
- Navigate to Contacts > Marketing Lists
- Click New List
- Enter a name for the new list and select the folder where it will be stored
- Under 'Set Up New List Contents,' select Upload an Excel file or text (CSV) file.
- Read the agreement and select I accept to confirm your understanding
- Click the Choose File button and choose the file that contains your contacts
- You can also click the provided links for file examples and instructions to export contacts from several popular programs
- Click Next
- Confirm that the data looks correct in the list preview and click Next
- Select fields to import and how they should be mapped, then click Next
- If Act-On can match your list fields to key system fields like First Name, Last Name, and Email Address, these mappings will display for you to confirm
- If Act-On does not find any system fields in your list, you will see a list of all list columns
- Make sure that the fields match the way you expect – you can also enter a new name or set the field to not import
- Click Finish