Act-On allows you to create segments that meet a specific date requirement.
When creating a segment using dates, be sure to set the Condition drop-down menu to use one of the Date conditions first.
Below are the steps to create a segment using date expressions:
- Click Contacts, and click Marketing Lists, or click Other Lists for Signup, or Webinar Lists.
- Hover over the list or segment where the Date segment needs to be created, and click More.
- Choose Define a Segment of This List/Segment.
- Enter a name for the segment that you can easily identify.
- Choose the Query option in the Method drop-down.
- Click the Add link within the Profile section.
- Select the date-based field in the Select Field drop-down.
- In the Condition drop-down, select a date-based condition.
- equals date – enter a specific date, and Act-On will locate records that meet that specific date value
- is before date – enter a specific date, and Act-On will locate records that meet the values before that date value
- is after date – enter a specific date, and Act-On will locate records that meet the values after that date value
- is between dates – enter two (2) specific dates separated by a semicolon, and Act-On will locate records that meet the values in between those date values
- In the text field, enter the date value(s) you need.
- The last field allows you to choose the date format.
- Note the date values and date format used in your list to ensure the correct records are identified in the segment
- Use a semicolon if you are using the is between dates condition
- Below are examples when using the is before, is after, and is between dates conditions:
- Date is before 01/01/13 - Act-On will locate records with a date value of 12/31/12 and before
- Date is after 01/01/13 - Act-On will locate records with a date value of 01/02/13 and after
- Date is between 01/01/13 and 01/05/13 - Act-On will locate records with a date value 01/02/13, 01/03/13, and 01/04/13