AUDIENCE: Administrators, Marketing Users
Identify how your Act-On forms can push signups to SugarCRM automatically
Create activity notes in SugarCRM for each contact and lead when sending Act-On emails
Follow the steps below to set up your Act-On forms to automatically push to SugarCRM:
- From the Start page, click on Content, and click Forms.
- Create a new form, or edit an existing form.
- Select 2. Settings at the top of the page or Next.
- Enable the option to push signup data to SugarCRM.
- Optionally, set the feature to overwrite existing signup data in SugarCRM. You can also use the corresponding form submission list to identify specific fields that Act-On can overwrite.
- Enable the feature to add an activity note to the submitter's record in SugarCRM
- Forms will use the email address to update a lead or contact record. If there is a duplicate email address in contacts or leads the update will be ignored. If you have imported a SugarCRM marketing list as your signup list, new records will go to whichever entity the list draws from.
- Click Next.
- Click Save.
When sending email messages from Act-On to a SugarCRM marketing list, you also have the ability to add a sent note in the history section of a SugarCRM contact or lead record so that SugarCRM users have insight into Act-On emails sent to the contact or lead record. To add a sent note:
- Compose, address, and review your email.
- In Step 4. Send of the Message Builder, enable the option to Attach sent notes to contacts or leads in my SugarCRM lists.