Import your Salesforce lists
- Click on Contacts, and choose Marketing Lists
- Click Import, and select any of the available marketing lists
- Select the fields that you wish to import
- Click Finish
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 for every Salesforce report or campaign you wish to import
- For reports to import correctly, they must include the Lead/Contact ID field
- Act-On supports only the Campaign default fields.
- Campaign custom fields will not sync with Act-On, even though they are visible within the Act-On interface.
- A paid Professional Services engagement is required to enable this service.
Schedule the sync
- Hover over any of the Salesforce lists, and click the drop-down arrow.
- Click Import/Export, and choose Salesforce.com Sync Setup.
- Select the options to push (Add and/or Update) and pull (Add and/or Update).
- Remember to select the lead score field that you've created in Salesforce to ensure Act-On pushes this data to Salesforce
- Click Run Now to run immediately, or Schedule to schedule the synchronization.
The Salesforce Sync setup allows you to schedule the frequency with which you would like Act-On to either send and/or receive data to and from Salesforce or to run a sync immediately once the data parameters are set.
Note: Most accounts have a limit of 10 scheduled exports. To increase this limit, speak to your Account Manager.
Data exchange options
- Push to Salesforce:
- Add new Act-On records to Salesforce
- Update existing records in Salesforce (Determine which fields will be updated)
- Pull from Salesforce:
- Add new records to the Act-On list from Salesforce
- Update existing records in Act-On (Determine which fields you want to update in Act-On)
- Remove records from this list that are not found on this list in Salesforce. (Removes records from Act-On if they've been deleted in Salesforce and it will remove the Lead if the Lead has been converted into a Contact).
- Set a recurring schedule or Run Now for Act-On and Salesforce data sync:
- Click the Schedule button to set up
- Select the frequency in which you would like to sync Act-On and Salesforce data – daily, weekly monthly, turn off
- Enter the run time in hours (as often as every four hours)
- Enter the start time you would like the job to run
- Click Run Now if you would like the data sync to take place immediately
- Click Save