OBJECTIVE: Learn how to set the Opt-Out flag in Salesforce
To access the opt-out field in Salesforce or pull your Salesforce opt-out information into Act-On, you must make sure that the opt-out field is visible.
- Log into Salesforce and click Setup.
- In the App Setup menu, click Customize.
- Click Leads, then Fields.
- Locate and click the field labeled Email Opt Out.
- Click View Field Accessibility.
- If the field access next to Administrator says Hidden, click on the word Hidden to change this setting.
- Check the Visible box to make this field visible and editable by the System Admin profile and then click Save.
Note: In some cases you will also need to check the Visible box on the Page Layout setting for the Administrator profile as well.
- Repeat steps 3-7 for contacts.
Note: The instructions above are for Salesforce Enterprise or higher accounts. For Professional customers, edit the page layout for Leads and Contacts, and ensure the Email Opt-out fields are added.