AUDIENCE: Administrators, Marketing Users
OBJECTIVES: Learn how to push new leads from form submissions to become new Salesforce leads regardless of whether there is already an existing Salesforce lead or contact record
First, create a Web-to-Lead Form in Salesforce.
- Go to Setup > App Setup > Customize > Leads > Web-to-Lead.
- Click the Create Web-to-Lead Form button.
- Add relevant Available Fields to Selected Fields.
- Click Generate.
- Copy the form action link provided within the code (e.g. https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/s...encoding=UTF-8) and record it for use below.
- Record all Field Names (e.g. first_name).
- Record the oid value (e.g. 00DU0000000HlaB).
Next, create an Act-On Form to push to Salesforce.
- Click on Content > Forms and start a new form.
- Create the corresponding fields.
- In the Field Mappings section of the Design tab, match your Data Field Names to the field names in the Salesforce Web-to-Lead form (e.g. first_name).
- Make sure all fields match exactly (they are case sensitive).
- Add a Hidden Field with the Data Field Name 'oid' and the Data Field Value as the oid value in the Salesforce Web-to-Lead form (e.g. 00DU0000000HlaB). The oid field represents the Salesforce account to push data to.
- The Push Signup Data to Salesforce checkbox is not necessary in Step 2: Settings.
- In the External Data Submission section of the Properties tab, insert the form action link as copied from the Salesforce steps above.
- Complete the remaining items in the Form Composer and click Save.
Please note: There is a limit of 500 submissions via web to lead per day. If this needs to be increased, you will need to contact Salesforce directly. If your website is regularly submitting more than 500 records a day, consider developing a solution that uses the API.