- Marketing Users
- Sales Users
- IT/Web Developer
- Content Assist for Websites
- SEO Audits
Before Getting Started
Before using Content Assist and SEO Audits, you will need to have the website you wish to edit or audit added under the Manage Websites tab.
Act-On Anywhere gives you the ability to work within your own system and harness the power of marketing automation, without ever having to login to Act-On, let alone having to learn a new platform.
Using Content Assist, content marketers can easily access Act-On assets within Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla, or other content management systems. Using built in tools you can quickly integrate marketing campaigns on your blog or website, while maintaining accurate tracking of blog referrals, lead generation, and conversion percentages. Working on SEO? Act-On Anywhere allows you to audit any web page for SEO ranking against your own list of keywords.
Content Assist for Websites
Using Content Assist
Navigate to your website or blog and attempt to add a new post.
- Within your rich text editor you will see an Act-On button floating to the right.
- To access your Act-On assets click the Act-On icon.
- You can pick from content within your Act-On library that is associated with the Act-On credentials you entered when setting up Act-On Anywhere. Need to upload new content? You can do it right from here.
- In order to share the assets with Act-On Anywhere plugin, you need to do the following: Enable the folder's share in Act-On, by going to each area (Forms, Landing Pages, Images) > Folders > Manage > Tick all boxes under the $ sign to enable these folders in external applications.
- When inserting forms through Act-On Anywhere’s Content Assist using an iFrame, keep in mind that this functionality will not work within Wordpress due to the fact that Wordpress strips out iFrames by default. To enable with WordPress, modify the WordPress theme settings to allow iFrames.
Navigating the Asset Picker
After choosing the asset type you wish to use, you will be brought to the Asset Picker. The Asset Picker allows you to choose from assets already loaded within your Act-On account, as well as upload new assets to Act-On directly from the Asset Picker, without ever needing to login to Act-On.
Asset Picker Options
- Search - Quickly search through all assets currently loaded with your integrated Act-On account.
- Folders - Sort through the folders you've created in Act-On to quickly find assets.
- Upload new assets - New need to login to Act-On, upload new assets directly from the Assets Picker.
- Sort by - Sort your assets by Title, Date, or File Size.
- View - Choose between a list or grid view. With the grid view, you will be able to preview the assets.
Copy or Insert?
Once you locate the asset you want to use, you will have two options - Copy or Insert.
Content Assist Example
As an example using Content Assist on a Wordpress landing page, we can quickly add a button that links out to a download page, asset, landing page, form, etc.
- From Content Assist, select Images.
- Either choose or upload an image.
- After choosing an image, click Insert.
- From Content Assist, click Media and locate the link to add.
- Click Copy.
- From the rich text editor, click the image and choose the pencil icon to edit.
- Select Custom URL from the Link To drop-down and paste the copied link.
- Click Update.
- You now have an Act-On image with an Act-On link, created within your favorite rich text editor.
Act-On Anywhere's SEO Audit feature provides marketing users with an easy way to verify that their web pages and posts are compliant with Google’s indexing guidelines, and also provides an easy way to see how your webpage stacks up against your competition.
Using this feature, a report is generated that details the changes that need to be made to ensure SEO compliance. For example, users will receive recommendations about their page title, URL page name, page description, H1 headings, body content and more.
To audit a webpage:
- Click the Act-On Anywhere icon in your browser bar.
- Click SEO Audit Page.
- Enter a keyword to audit.
- Click the blue + sign.
- Check the keywords you wish to audit.
- Click Generate SEO Report.
- Your SEO Analysis Report will appear, providing you an SEO score out of 100 possible points. You can make tweaks to your content depending on the results, and quickly re-audit your webpage. To audit additional keywords, click edit keywords and repeat the steps above.