By combining this real-time information with the visitor’s entire activity history, a sales rep can warmly and relevantly engage with the potential buyer.
Before creating website alerts you will want to identify sales territories so you know which sales rep will be receiving which leads.
Create Website Prospector Alerts (for Sales Users)
See this page.
Set up Visitors Summary
Send the sales team a summary of all potential prospects! Enable your sales team with the previous day’s website visitors based on their territory.
Set up Content Filters
Marketing users can filter the prospects that users see:
- Click Inbound > Website Prospector.
- Click More > Content Filters.
- Click --- all --- next to each user's name.
- Filter view based on area codes, postal codes, states, countries or visiting domain pages.
- Click Submit.
Enable Digest Emails
The Website Prospector Daily Email includes key actionable information about website visitors from the previous day.
To activate this function for your Act-On account and for other Act-On accounts if you are an administrator, Click on Inbound > Website Prospector > More > Digest Emails
Act-On will send the email reports shortly after midnight.
Identify the Best Leads
Update your account to identify sales prospects! Help your sales team stay focused on their assigned prospects, leads, & customers.
Upload your master list
Act-On allows multiple Marketing lists to be uploaded and/or imported from your CRM, however there are times when creating one Master list would be more effective. For example, you can create various segments and append records into one list rather than multiple lists.
To create a single Master list:
- Click Contacts > Marketing Lists.
- Click New.
- Enter a name for the new list, and select a folder.
- In the Set Up New List Contents drop-down, choose Define the column names for a new empty list.
- Select any of the Standard Field Names in your Act-On account.
- Click Continue.
- Add other fields using these options:
- Add Blank Field: Allows you to create your own custom field
- Add Standard Fields: Allows you to choose other Standard Field Names in your Act-On account
- Click Create.
- Open the Marketing list folder where your new Master list is located.
- To the right of you new Master list, click the Green Down Arrow.
- Click Import/Export and then click Append to This List.
- Click Add to List Contents drop-down.
- If the lists are not present in your Act-On account, choose Upload an Excel file or a text (CSV) file
- If the lists are already present in your Act-On account, choose Add the contents of an existing list or segment
- Under the Add How? option, click Add all records to the end of the list.
- Click Next.
- Disable the checkbox if you do not want to import any fields.
- Click Finish.
Segment by prospects and customers
You can upload a list of customers to your account, or create a segment of customers using the Search or Direct Selection Method to choose your customers.See this page for more information.
Identify your sales prospects lists
Report Content Settings can be defined under Inbound > Website Prospector, then click More, followed by Website Prospector Content Settings. These options allow you to associate specific regions or pages with marketing or sales users.
Account Lists can be found under Contacts > Account Lists. This section enables you to define associations between a representative within your organization and a unique lead within your list. For instance, if your CRM auto-assigns sales representatives to new leads, you will want to point Prospects Assigned To Sales at an up-to-date list of this rep-lead pairing.