Make it easy for sales to stay in touch. Create pre-approved email templates so that sales reps can send branded email messages with a couple quick clicks.
Creating email template folders allows your sales team to easily identify which marketing-approved templates they can use, so sales reps can quickly send personalized Act-On emails (one or many) and see exactly who opens and clicks on those emails.
Instructor-Led Training Course Available!
This course will show your sales team how they can leverage sales-oriented Act-On features to engage with their assigned leads and customers. This course is for Marketing AND Sales users.
Get Started with Creating a Template for Sales
1. Create a folder for sales
- Click Content > Email Templates.
- Click on the Plus symbol to add a new folder.
- Type the name for the new folder, and click the Check Mark symbol.
2. Create an email template for sales
Create pre-approved email templates so that sales reps can send branded email messages with a couple quick clicks.
To create an email template:
- Navigate to Content > Email Templates
- Click Actions > New Template
From the General tab:
- Add a Message Title and a Subject Line, then Select a Sender and Reply To address.
From the Design tab:
- Select Stationery, add content, and adjust the message styling. To learn how, click here.
From the Review tab:
- Preview your message as HTML, Text, and Mobile.
- Validate your message and check your personalization. To learn how, click here.
Need some help designing your templates?
The Act-On email composer offers a number of features to allow for targeted email delivery, automated personalization of messages, and a number of ways to import your specific email design.
3. Enable folders to share with sales
Create email template folders for your sales team to easily identify which marketing-approved templates they can use. If you are a Salesforce user, you can control which folders are visible within Salesforce.
- Click Content, and choose Email Templates.
- Click the Cloud icon and toggle the folders to enable use for salesforce sales users.
Add Trackable Links to Your Sales Templates
Use trackable links in your sales templates to monitor engagement! Use your content in Act-On like media, forms, and landing pages to track your leads’ activities.
1. Edit your sales template
- Click Content > Email Templates
- Locate the template you would like to edit, click the down-arrow > Edit
- Navigate to the Design tab
2. Insert trackable calls-to-action
Using content in Act-On like media, forms, and landing pages, we will be placing trackable links behind calls-to-actions within your email template. After clicking the call-to-action, these media files be included in each of your leads' or contacts' Act-On Activity History.
- Hover over the Rich Text Block in your message and click the Pencil icon.
- Highlight the text or click on the image that you would like to hyperlink.
- Click Insert Link to File in Act-On Media Library.
- Locate the appropriate Document in your library, and click on it to have the link inserted into the rich text editor.
After clicking on the document, a link to that document will be placed behind the text you selected or the image that you chose. When a recipient clicks on your link or image, they will be prompted to download the document and either open or save it to their computer.
Measuring Your Sales Teams’ Email Success
The Sent Message report provides the statistics of how both individual emails and campaigns are performing. Using this data you are able to make tweaks to content and delivery to ensure your messages are optimized and being seen at the right time.
To view the sent message report:
- Click Outbound > Sent
- Change the filter to Sent by Sales Users
- Hover over any of the sent messages, click the down-arrow > Report
You will see the unique counts of recipients who have been sent the email, who did not open the email, who opened the email, and who clicked through the links within the email.
In addition, you can see the unique counts of bounced emails, spam complaints, and opt-outs.