Act-On’s webinar and online event management functionality dramatically reduces the time you spend on organizing your webinar while increasing the quality of your results.
Two-thirds of B2B marketers cite webinars and online events as the most effective method for generating leads and marketing to prospects and customers.
-*2104 Content Marketing Institute and MarketingProfs study
Instructor-Led Training Course Available!
If you’re using Act-On’s integration to WebEx or GoToWebinar, this is the class for you. We’ll show you how easy it is to promote your webinars using Act-On-hosted content. This is an on-demand only course.
Integrate with WebEx and/or Citrix
- If you didn't setup the connection to WebEx and/or Citrix during your Account Setup - then now is the time! If you're already setup - move onto Step 2.
Schedule a Webinar
- Click Automation > Webinars > New Webinar.
- Select a CRM campaign (optional) and fill in your event details.
- Click Create Event.
- Log in to your GoToWebinar account and schedule a new webinar as usual.
- In Act-On, click on Automation > Webinars. All upcoming webinars that exist in GoToWebinar will display in the listing.
- Click the title of the webinar to which you would like to add the Act-On program.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialog window that appears.
Create registration forms and promotional/reminder/follow-up messages
From the Webinar dashboard:
- Generate a registration form by clicking Create Default Form. This will automatically create an Act-On form containing all of the standard and custom fields defined in your webinar. You can also quickly add a form response page following the guide here.
- Under Promotions create an email Invitation message(s) and an email Last Chance message(s).
- Create an optional reminder email to help encourage attendance by clicking Create Reminder. Act-On will automatically address each reminder email to be sent only to your current registrants.
- Click Attendance to import the attendee list from WebEx, both before and after the event.
From the Webinar dashboard:
- Generate a registration form by clicking Create Default Form. This will automatically create an Act-On form containing all of the standard and custom fields defined in your webinar.
- Create an optional auto-response message by clicking Create and selecting a message to use.
- Create an optional reminder email to help encourage attendance by clicking Create Reminder.
- Create an invitation message for your webinar. Whenever an invitation is sent, Act-On will automatically suppress anyone who has already registered, to save you the effort of segmenting and manually suppressing this group.
- Create follow-up messages to be sent to different segments of your audience after the event.
Because GoToWebinar automatically creates auto-response, reminder messages, and follow up messages for your event, you may choose to use those default messages rather than create them in Act-On. If you choose to create and send your messages through Act-On, you should first disable the messages from within GoToWebinar.
Checkout your webinar report
- After your event has taken place, click the Reports link at the top of the dashboard to quickly see:
- Details of the event, registrants, and attendees.
- Traffic sources for form registrants.
- Message Reports.
Why is this important?
Using this data you are able to make tweaks to content and delivery to ensure your messages are optimized and being seen at the right time.
When viewing the report you are able to get a visual of your message open rate, bounce rate, clicks as well as filter the report to find the data you need quickly.
Sync data between WebEx (only) and your CRM
- Click Automation > Webinars and enter the name of the webinar.
- Click the Salesforce Campaign button > Change.
- Use the drop down to associate the webinar with a new or existing campaign.
- Depending on your choice click either OK or Save.
Stay engaged after the webinar
- Stay top of mind with your event registrants – even after the event – by engaging them intelligently.
- Dynamically engage registrants who were not able to attend by inviting them to a future event or offer them something else that would interest them
- Segment attendees based on their level of participation during the event and update their profile with this information so that sales can better interact with them