Landing pages are instrumental to digital marketing because they drive all types of conversions, from simple sign-ups (e.g., newsletters) to bona fide purchases.
Act-On makes landing pages a snap. With minimal clicks you can create, test, and launch these vital pages and drive real results.
Instructor-Led Training Course Available!
In this course we will build an Act-On landing page, explore some tips and tricks for page Templates, and learn how to measure success using the Landing Page report.
Get Started with Deploying a Landing Page
Bring the best prospects to your website using landing pages! Drive conversions across the buying cycle by delivering content your prospects are looking for.
Start your landing page
- Go to Content > Landing Pages then click New Landing Page.
- Choose from the available options to get started.
Drag-and-drop smart content blocks
Once you have added Empty Sections and built out your landing page structure, it's time to begin adding content to your page. The Content section will allow you to quickly drag-and-drop various content blocks into Empty Sections to fill-out your page with new or existing content that is already created in your Act-On account.
Optimize for mobile
After designing your landing page, you will want to review it for accuracy and make sure it displays correct on Desktop, Mobile, and Tablets.
From the Review tab you can view how your landing pages render on desktop, tablet and mobile. Additionally, you will be able to preview both vertical and landscape views for tablet and mobile.
Better Conversions with A/B Testing
Find out which landing page resonates with your target audience! See real-time results on your A/B tests to compare content variations head-to-head.
Add clear calls-to-action
A call to action (CTA) is the critical part of your content marketing. It’s the trigger that leads the visitor to engage in a meaningful next step with your organization — whether that step is engaging the audience in the comments, finding more content, or buying your product or service.
- The best, most powerful calls to action are often simplest. Calls to action should be as short and easy to follow as possible.
- Your CTA should begin with an action verb that tells your potential customer what to do next.
- Use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other sites as destinations for your calls-to-action.
- Have other (one or more) CTAs in the text.
- Use multiple CTAs at the top and bottom of the page and within the content itself. If you’re sending an email, make sure images, headlines, and products all link to relevant landing pages. Provide different value propositions for taking the same action.
Use a focused design
- Test buttons that people will click to take action. Test the language, placement, color and shape.
- Different headlines can increase your bottom line, particularly if you’re using pay-per-click ads and including the keyword.
- Also test images to see if drawings give you better results then photographs or black and white versus color.
A/B test different versions
- To create your A/B Test, in your Act-On account navigate to Content>A/B Test Content then click New A/B Test.
- Name your A/B test, give it a description, then choose the landing pages you wish to test by clicking Add Landing Page.
- You can now select the options you want for your Test Method and Test Completion.
- Once you have your A/B Test set up, you will then Save your A/B Test before you can Start Test.
Measure Landing Page Success
Easily measure the success of your landing pages! Your landing page dashboard shows how well your landing pages are generating traffic.
Follow the steps below to navigate to the Landing Page Report page:
- Click Reports.
- Click Landing Pages.
Once in the Landing Page Report page, you can view the following:
- Monthly report of aggregate landing page views and clickthroughs
- Daily Visitors (Views and Clicks)
- Monthly Page Stats (Views and Clicks)
- Activity By Day Of Month (Views and Clicks)
- Activity By Day Of Week (Views and Clicks)