Agencies can do the following:
- Create new accounts
- Assign managers to accounts
- Allocate active contacts to accounts
- Log into accounts to manage marketing efforts on a client’s behalf
- Share marketing assets with managed accounts
- Co-brand the interface
This user guide presents the basics of using Act-On’s agency dashboard.
Accessing the Agency Dashboard
The agency dashboard is available to agency partners through the APEX program.
To access the agency dashboard:
- Hover over the Profile icon, click Agency.
Managing the Dashboard
The main screen of the agency dashboard is divided into three main sections: Accounts, Managers, and Usage. If a user does not have administrative rights, the Managers and Usage tabs will not be displayed. Non-administrative users cannot create new accounts.
The Accounts screen (default view) displays all of your managed accounts, the number of managers per account, the number of active contacts provisioned per account, the number of active contacts used per account, the three-month average of active contacts used per account, and the total number of active contacts used and provisioned.
If you have many accounts to manage, it may help to change your display to show only certain accounts. You can display All Accounts, No Manager Assigned Accounts, My Accounts, or Accounts Managed by Specific Managers. Select your desired view in the Show drop-down menu.
Add a new account to your list of managed accounts
- Click the New button located on the top right corner and enter the account details in the dialog window that appears.
- You will be required to enter a name, address, as well as the number of active contacts are recommended.
- Click Add.
Manage a specific account
Hover over the account name to see two additional options: Login and More.
Allows you to sign into that account’s Act-On instance on their behalf. Once you log in to that account, you can access all of Act-On’s features for that account, including email messages, website visitor tracking, user management, etc. When you’re logged into a managed account, it will be indicated by the account name on the top right.
The Login option is only available if you have been assigned to manage that account. If not, the option will not display.
Allows you to provision additional active contacts (Provision), assign or remove account managers (Managers), and delete the account (Delete Account).
Change the number of active contacts assigned to an account
- Click More > Provision in the listed account and enter the new number in the window that displays.
Add and remove managers to an account
- Click More > Managers in the listed account and check the names of the people you want added or removed.
Delete an account
- Click More > Delete.
- To confirm deleting the account, click OK.
If a user does not have administrative rights, More won't be displayed.
The Managers screen displays all of your account managers and the number of accounts each person manages. By default, the view is set to list all of your account managers indicated by the All Managers setting in the Show drop-down box.
View your account managers by account
- Click the Show: drop-down menu and select the account you’d like to view, all of the managers for that account will be listed.
Assign or remove a manager on multiple accounts
- Hover over the manager and click the Accounts link
- Check the accounts to which he/she should be assigned in the window that appears.
- Click Submit.
A check next to the account name indicates that the account manager is assigned to that account; an empty box indicates that they are not.
Add account managers in your main account
- Click Main in the top right corner
- Then navigate to Settings > Users.
They will appear in your agency account as account managers, and you can assign them to your desired accounts.
Non-administrative users cannot add new users.
The Usage screen displays an active contact report for your managed accounts. On this screen, you can view your active contact usage by Start Month, End Month, or a particular month. You can also download the report in CSV format.
Account managers are able to share content (forms and email templates only at this time) with any managed account. To do this, an account manager needs to set up sharing privileges, select an asset, select the accounts with which to share the asset, and accept the asset in the managed account.
Set up sharing privileges
- The account manager hovers over More and selects Share in the list view of managed accounts.
- Check off Can Share and / or Can Subscribe.
- Can Subscribe means that the managed account can receive assets from any other account in the group.
- Can Share means that the managed account can share an asset with any other account in the group.
- Click Submit.
Share an asset
- The account manager navigates to the preview of the asset they want to share and selects Share. (The account manager needs to be in the appropriate account and previewing the appropriate asset to share.)
- In the dialog window with the list of accounts that can receive the asset that displays, the account manager needs to select the accounts to share the asset.
Once the accounts have been selected, the account manager needs to accept the asset(s).
- Hover over Home, click Inbox
- The user can preview the asset, accept it, or decline it. Once the asset is accepted, it appears in the Default folder of the asset type. For example, an accepted form will appear in the Form default folder.
Co-branding Managed Accounts
If an account meets certain business requirements, they are eligible to co-brand their managed accounts. Co-branding allows administrative users to add their logo to the application where the Act-On logo is displayed and change the name of the page title where it reads 'Act-On Service' by default.
To use this feature, you meet business requirements and contact your Act-On representative to have it enabled in your account. Once your account is approved and this feature is enabled, a Customize option will appear in the navigation of the dashboard.
- Select Customize
- Click Choose File to upload a logo
- Enter your application name
- Click Save.
The maximum image dimensions are 176x35 pixels, the maximum file size is 10 KB, only PNG files are accepted, and the maximum number of characters for the application name is 200. In addition, users are encouraged to upload images with a transparent or white background for the most optimal rendering.