To simplify, email hygiene (List Cleanse) involves cleansing a mailing list of “bad” email addresses that will affect deliverability, while email verification (List Validation) is the process of validating “good” email addresses as deliverable at the time of validation.
Act-On has partnered with an industry leader, Webbula, to provide you with the highest quality solutions to clean and validate your email marketing mailing lists. Webbula is an email quality expert delivering the most comprehensive email hygiene and validation solutions in the industry. Act-On’s customers receive proactive protection from traps, bounces. disposable domains, fraud, bots, and many other reputation-damaging emails before they negatively impact inbox delivery. Webbula’s scoring technology will clean legacy, purchased, or organic B2B and B2C data.
How do you get started with your email hygiene and email verification?
- Contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) or your Partner Success Manager (PSM) by email and let them know that you would like to have your list cleansed or validated. Remember these are two separate processes that have two separate costs.
- In your email to your CSM/PSM include your list of email addresses only in a CSV formatted file. You do not have to worry about submitting any other fields in this list but the email address.
- The cost for either service is for ONE list only, so include all email addresses you wish to check in this list. If you have multiple lists or you wish to submit another list at a later time, an additional cost will apply.
- Please allow 2-5 days for your list to be returned once you have submitted it to your CSM/PSM.
- Once you receive the list back, you will see a report of your good and bad emails. You will also receive a bad email list that you will then upload to your hard bounce list in your Act-On account.
If you have any questions, please contact your CSM/PSM and they can assist you.